Monday, February 22, 2010

Livin' The Good Life

It is easy to let the cold winter months get the best of you. I know I have recently. It is important to keep yourself grounded and centered, getting swept up by life conditions is the easy path. Frustration, anxiety and self loath are easy emotions to feel. I found myself recently getting swept up by outside forces, forces that are really not that strong in their entirety. I had to remind myself, what real life is. What real frustration feels like. The path to my re-awakening started with a link sent to me by my friend Brownski.
http://www.worldpressphoto.org/index.php?option=com_photogallery&task=view&id=1730&Itemid=257&type=&selectedIndex=11&bandwidth=high
I looked through these amazing, eye opening photos and was taken back by how selfish I had become. Me, me, me. haha, funny how easy it is to slip away from reality.

Next, I started reading some magazines and flipped through some books I have about developing countries. My heart hurts for this world sometimes, but educating myself along with the growth of the Internet fuels my desire even more. Globalization and technology have both expanded and deadened our consciouses. With articles, stats, pictures and videos I can see and almost feel the other side of the world. But still cannot find the best way to impact it in a positive and driving way.

Tonight I watched the documentary The Reporter, it is about Nicholas Kristof. He is my personal hero, and watching this film inspired me again. The hope I had lost came back through his experiences and compassion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSsHMSuX6t0

This documentary is on HBO on demand right now, I urge ya to check it out.

If it inspires you, maybe we can talk. In the mean time, check out my Skreened store, all the profits go to Kiva.org

Never heard of Kiva? Check it out!!




http://skreened.com/ducksauce/livin-the-good-life

2 comments:

  1. I watched REPORTER this afternoon all snuggled up on my leather sofa. It's so easy to get comfortable in our privileged American lives.

    You are Passionate about compassion. You are heart-broken about the broken-hearted. These qualities are the best I could've ever hoped for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete