Sunday, January 30, 2011

Egypt in Da House

So, quite a few of my friends and family have asked me what I think about Egypt in the last 2 days. A couple of people even called me just to ask. I said a brief word or two, but nothing significant. I suggested a few things, but I don’t think I gave anyone a good reply. I can sum it up in 3 words, bound to happen. It is actually quite calming to me, and reassuring. This revolution is satisfying to me because it shows the potential of the people. When enough is enough, ya know. It can get depressing to know what goes on somewhere, and the people suffering are too weak to demand better. I actually read a book last month, a collection of memoirs from Egyptian women… and let me tell you, it was depressing. Knowing statistics, visiting as a tourist… these encounters did not help me to feel the pain, but reading the words of another, feeling her soul hurt, that got me. So, when someone asks me how I feel about the situation in Egypt , I say I don’t know but I hope it is a domino effect.




But I am no expert, haha.





My good pal Damon sent me this video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150091038936234

No comments:

Post a Comment